Thursday 10 March 2011

week 9

ok. i think i might be the world's worst blogger. the problem is i am never with my computer when i get my inspirations, and then when i am in front of it, i have forgotten what i wanted to say. anyway, i'm sure i'm not unusual in that. however, today is a special day. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I AM 50!!!!  AND I AM HAPPY!!!!!! i think turning 50 had to have been part of my motivation for engaging in this 12 week program, although i would not have admitted it at the time. i definitely wanted to change the way i felt, and the way i looked. i wanted to be one of those really fit women who paper my neighbourhood. you know the ones who are always out running or walking or at the gym, and you say to yourself,' how do they have the time? i am just too busy for that'. but silently, what you are really thinking is, boy they look great in that dress and i wish i felt the way they look. i wish i had their focus. i used to be so disciplined, but now i am just mush. i'll never get there. and i am sooooo jealous.
can i just say, 9 weeks on, a small miracle has taken place! my mother asked me this morning if i was happy to be 50, and i didn't hesitate in practically shouting yes! yes, i am in a great place and it is most definitely because of jc, and everyone else at the gym who have cajoled me into this program and encouraged me as i have progressed. i feel absolutely fantastic. and although i still have a ways to go, i am looking so much better. but most importantly, i feel so much better. i think i have lost 10 years off of my face and my physical being. i have energy. i bounce out of chairs and bound up the stairs (couldn't resist that one, but its still true).  i am getting compliments from friends who haven't seen me in a while. one even accused me of having that "pregnancy glow"  (god forbid).  i even think my eyes have changed colour a bit - must be the lack of alcohol.
i am unbelievably grateful to jc and his belief in what he is doing, because its definitely working, and working on so many different levels.  honestly, i was such a different person 9 weeks ago, and i couldn't have hoped for a better birthday present. so thank you to everyone at the gym, but especially jc. i am having the birthday i would have hoped for, but not dreamed was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment